Video surveillance is an indispensable part of any organization or business to protect the property from serious crimes, theft or damage, and vandalism. It is an effective and efficient security solution for all business types.
In order to ensure the adequate performance of video surveillance, here this article compiled the list of suggestions:
- Keeps the Surveillance System Secure
- Ensure the Privacy
- Placement of Cameras
Keeps the Surveillance System Secure
A study done by the University of Maryland states that “Hackers attack of computers with internet access every 39 seconds on average”. On the parallel of technology advancement, it also has a chance for intruders or hackers to attack the security system to gain access.
Consider the following best practices to protect from any potential attacks:
- Keep changing the surveillance system password every two months and properly organize the password management.
- Secure the entire business network; otherwise, it leaves the easy opportunity to attack the entire system.
- Always choose the encrypted signal cameras, IP surveillance system offers end-to-end encryption to securely protect the data.
- Enclose the surveillance system in a private network. Intruders can easily access the information or data through public or shared networks.
Ensure the Privacy
Apart from the safety and precautions, also privacy matters to employees and customers of the business. Strategic placement of CCTV cameras is key to an effective surveillance system and better to avoid areas where people have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Dressing rooms
- Locker rooms
- Hotel rooms
Placement of Cameras
In order to improve the effectiveness, it is desperate to know the places where the cameras should be installed. Place the CCTV cameras where get the maximum coverage, high-risk target areas, and potentially hazardous area. It includes:
- Cover all the entry and exit points
- Should cover the vulnerable windows
- Capable of watching over areas like the cash register, stock rooms, and high-value storage areas.
- The camera positioned should able to capture the wide angles for maximum coverage.
Storage is a vital part of the surveillance system to get easier access to camera footage. Nowadays, cloud-based storage solutions can help businesses and offer the effective replacement of analog or traditional storage systems.
Benefits of cloud-based storage systems:
- Cost-efficient –By using online data storage, eliminates the expenses of internal resources and does not need any inner power to manage and store the data.
- Accessibility and usability – can able to access files from any device and need proper internet connectivity.
- Flexibility- cloud storage is scalable and flexible, can be easily added to the existing infrastructure.
Improve the effectiveness of surveillance system with added features and it includes:
- Remote accessibility- real-time access through the mobile security app.
- Artificial technology –analytical features like facial recognition functions, motion detectors, and alert users about unusual events.
- Cabling- Video cables are not essential to IP-based cameras
- Weatherproof- cameras that can hold against any weather conditions and lighting.
- High resolution- IP cameras give superior image quality.
An effective surveillance system is imperative for any business. ELV Technology solutions bring the most cost-effective solution to your business and our experts with years of hands-on experience to install reliable CCTV solutions in Abu Dhabi.